Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The founding of LPH

I've been a fan of Libera, as soon as I saw them on TV. "You were there" was the first Libera song that I have ever heard, so I consider it, the song that touches me. Since then, I began connecting with the other Libera fans, especially to my kababayans: the Filipino Libera community. Well, the socialization between the fans was amazing, thanks to Facebook, the exchange of communications was made easy. As time goes by and the community grows like a family. During that time, the fans are really active, and we were talking every night about Libera. I can still remember the time in which when you posted something that includes the word 'Libera', expect a lot of comments from the fans. That's the time when I though, "We need a name or a term that will represent us, Filipino Libera fans"; our own recognition.
I have two choices (although, yes at first it sounded silly): Liberians or Liberanatics. I asked my friends, which is better, and as it soon turns out, Liberians became our specification.

The first ever Liberians PH community page was created last July 24, three months after Libera's last Philippine summer promo tour. On August 18, LPH already reached 110 members who are actively involved in all the posts and events that we have been posting. 2 days after, a new page was created: LPH's fan page. I think a fan page is better than a group page, because it has more features and tab that the members may enjoy, although unlike in a group page, the administrators can send a message to all of its members.

When all of the Filipino fans are now aware of the new fan page, the community became more active. News and updates were posted every night, and photo sharing is everywhere as well. It grows more and more as time passes by until such time that even foreign fans came to be part of this page, and so, the term "Liberians" which is originally intended to represent us, have fulfilled its purpose. As of now, we have 5 admins and 423 people who likes this page, and still we are in the process of a growing community, having the mission of spreading the music influences of Libera, and to give our 100 and 1% of support for the choir.

No comments:

Post a Comment